Day Thirty- 30 Paintings in 30 Days- John

John
10x20 oil on canvas

John is our neighbor and a super sweet guy. I really relished getting time to know him a bit better. 

Okay. John's portrait is my thirtieth painting this month. Whew.  It's been VERY good for me to participate in this challenge.

Thank you for sending positive energy while I painted my way through January!  It took a bit of stamina to make myself paint the 2-6 hours each day. Yesterday, it was actually 9 hours, maybe more.  But I've come out on the other end a lot stronger and more confident and with a renewed notion that I AM a painter, and that I do love to paint and I want to develop my skills and add to them. I think I was beginning to think all that was in the past for me.

So, I will commit to actively searching out worthy subject matter and making painting a regular part of my life again. I'm grateful to have other painters and friends with whom to share the journey.  Thank you!

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge with a super portrait. I hope your energy can rub off on the rest of us! Hugs.