Marble Falls Drawing Demonstration


My friend Gaye Sekula drove up to Marble Falls with me today for the drawing demo I did for the wonderful Highland Arts Guild. So, of course, she was drafted to be the model for a quick sketch I did at the very end. Thanks, Gaye!


I projected the image of a cowboy in black and white from my computer and showed how to find and compare reference points on the subject in order to be sure of the accuracy of a drawing, and how to use guide lines and grid overlays to check one's work.
I was asked smart questions and really enjoyed talking with the members of the Guild. After the demo they had a tasty lunch for us and time to chat. While I was there, the idea of a workshop in November was brought up, and it was quickly filled to capacity. I'm looking forward to more time with these fun artists!

7 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I came by to see if you were painting and found this post. Wow, looks like fun. You are so sharing and and generous with your knowledge. Wish I had been there. :)

Diana Marshall said...

That sounds really interesting, I wish I didn't live so far away, I would love to attend one of your workshops.Sigh.....

Mark Bridges said...

Hey, Good for you Susan. I drove around marble falls once, looking for the falls.

Rhoni Harris Art Studio said...

Susan, your demo was fun and really informative! A bunch of us are planning to drive down to do your workshop in San Antonio,and looking forward to the one in November in Marble Falls!
Enjoyed meeting Gaye,too.
Hugs,
Rhoni Harris

Barbara Pask said...

Sounds like a perfect day Susan, you are very generous to share your knowledge. That is great news about the new workshop and it's full, how great is that?

Anonymous said...

sounds like this would have been a really informative drawing demo Susan. I dont know about finding reference points or grid overlays...just bumble along and doing lots of corrections as i go. I hope to learn some tips in a workshop i will attend in November in Toronto. Instructor will be Dan Thompson, whom i greatly admire as an artist. So excited about that one.

Gwen Bell said...

You are in your element! Looks like you and the class are having a wonderful time. Lucky girls! Wish I lived close by to take advantage of this. Love both of the portraits you've posted.