Coppini demo- Marilyn's portrait start


Marilyn Moore is a wonderful artist who works mainly in watercolor, but paints beautifully in oil, too. She's also a generous friend who modeled for me at the demo that I did at the Coppini Academy yesterday. I worked on it about an hour, but spent so much time talking, I didn't get very far. It's a start, but it's going to require some serious reworking. I took some photos of her so I can finish later. I'll post an image of the completed painting when I get back to it. Thanks, Marilyn!

6 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

It is a wonderful start, you can tell she's a lovely lady already. Wow, you are busy. Good for you. :)

Diana Marshall said...

You've won an award for your great work and generous nature - go pick it up on my blogspot.
Diana

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Susan,

A nice loose start. It's beautiful already, and full of character.

xoxoxoxoxoBarbara

Gary Keimig said...

very nice blog an dwonderful portraiture.
God bless and keep painting

Jo Castillo said...

This is the start of a great portrait. Sounds like a great time.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet looking lady. I can't wait to see her finished. As always, your paintings bring a ray of sunshine to me.
Sandra