Likely finish on latest portrait

I'm feeling pretty good about this one now. Will look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes. I straightened his nose out a bit this morning and then worked on the rose and his tie and suit and some edges the rest of the day. It's been fun to involve some of the tourists as they come in on whether they see any discrepancies. Some have offered really great suggestions. Now on to the next project. Let me know if I can paint someone for you!

Susan Carlin Art Studio And Gallery
phone: 210-226-3992
susan@susancarlin.com

6 comments:

K. said...

I think your Dad was right about the flower addition - it looks lovely. I'm enamored with the tie - I feel like I could reach out and touch it and I would feel the real world texture of it.

Jo Castillo said...

This is very well done, formal looking. You will be doing the portraits in the Capitol soon. :)

Nice work.

Susan Carlin said...

Jo- I wouldn't mind that one little bit!

J A Baker said...

I'm impressed! Not only that you did such a wonderful portrait from a black and white photo, but that you were able to do the portrait, teach a student and be the perfect shop keeper all at the same time!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Susan, I'm leaving a comment here so you can find my blog again. Can't wait to see the painting of my grandsons. Your work is wonderful. Barb

Anonymous said...

it looks good. good job!