Precious memories and an exciting future


I promised to send the finished (tiny) portrait of Nanny, since I'd included an image of it in progress. This is a 5" x 7" oil that is shipping out today in time for Christmas. Doesn't she have a kind, sweet face?

Below is a series of progress images of a 16" x 20" oil that I'm painting from a black and white reference photo. I'm only a couple of hours in on this one, but thought I'd show you what I see as I go along...






Along with an image of this painting finished, I'll send you an image of the two cute Jack Russells I'm finishing up right now. Both are giving me a steady, expectant gaze from the canvas...

I can hardly believe it, but my house is decked out for Christmas already and it's helped to put me in the holiday spirit in a big, big way. It's working to alleviate some of my shock at finding myself the mother of someone having her 28th birthday next Monday. I was 26 when she was born. The years are flying by and I'm SO grateful to be spending these current ones painting and learning to paint ever better.
Whatever it is that makes you feel alive and engaged and excited to get started... that's what I wish for you this Season.

2 comments:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Your portraits as always Susan are wonderful, your Nanny does look a kindly soul. Yes, time does fly when we are having fun, and we can all relate to your comments about your daughter.
Can't wait to see Jack Russell Terriers.
May you have a wonderful Christmas and a very successful New Year,
Hugs
Rae

Zina Chmielowski said...

That's is great idea to display your painting in progress...
Hello from Toronto
artist