Latest portraits

I've been busy and loving every minute...

I really enjoyed painting this 12"x12" oil portrait of Ike and Kirby, adorable Jack Russells.

George Davis, 20" x 16" oil. This is the portrait I only had a black and white reference photo to work from. I'm pleased with the outcome.
Next up on my easel are four 8" x 10" oils, portraits of four children, the youngest 17 years old. I'm not sure I'll be able to get them done before Christmas, but I'll give it a good try.
After that, on my portrait schedule, is a 20" x 16" pastel of a beautiful little girl, then a 20" x 24" oil- an epic painting of two boys on the shore of a lake in autumn, Notre Dame is across the lake reflecting in the water, ducks swimming on the surface... quite a project.
Somewhere in there I want to work on a painting or two for myself- to enter into a couple of competitions this next year.
I hope you're enjoying your woolly sweaters and earmuffs and the scent of wood fires in the air. Even here in San Antonio we've begun bundling up. Saturday evening we played tourist and took a boat ride on the Riverwalk. The lights were wonderful and we loved the wry and witty commentary by our guide. The other riders appreciated the big blanket we shared with them. Cuddle up! Share a little spiced cider or eggnog with your favorite people. We're on the eve of new beginnings. Have a warm holiday!
Susan

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Your portraits tell such great stories. You are amazing what you can do with less than wonderful photos. You have a great Christmas and holidays.

Gwen Bell said...

These are all so wonderful, Susan! Love those puppies. You captured their alert intelligence perfectly.

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Oh so lovely! :-)

I like the new profile photo also. Looking forward to what you paint for Karin Jurick's DSFDF.

Pattie Wall said...

All are wonderful, Susan! You are so busy! I would say hope you relax and enjoy the holidays, but knowing how much you love what you are doing, I won't. How special that we get to do what we love and there is no better gift, than the time to do it! Happy Holidays!
I saw the portrait on DSFDF that someone else did, and it is soo good!