Holiday commissions complete


I finally completed this 10"x8" oil of Kyra above. The reference photo had been taken by a cell phone of her still in the hospital after being born prematurely.

The portraits below were 10"x8" oil commissions I didn't think I'd have time to do before Christmas, but worked many, many hours online and off this week to complete. If all goes well with the drying and the varnish and the post office, the family will have them in time for the big day.

Each of these young people are so beautiful, I know their parents must be proud.

Now I'll be turning my attention to a couple of paintings I hope to enter into competition. I'll let you know how that's going in my next post.

I wish you the happiest of holidays, full of comfort and joy and love.
Susan

10 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

All came out great. Love the furry chihuahua.

Karen Jensen said...

The little doggies are cute, but I'm sorry to miss Cathy's face. You'll have to do a more traditional portrait of her one day! And Thank you so much for the baby Kyra portrait--I know her parents are going to be thrilled!

Barbara Pask said...

HI Susan, The four young people came out just wonderful, I know the parents will love them. The baby is a sweetie too. The new one with the dogs, wow I just love that. What an original composition, I think that one could be entered into one of your competitions.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I really like the composition with two dogs. Very original!

Studio Zanne said...

Happy Christmas, Susan!
Love the doggies...great design-story with the owner's back to you. Very fun! Wow, all your portraits--you have been busy! Wonderful! Love the dogs you did in your last post before this one, too. Here's to a wonderful New Year!

Jo Castillo said...

Great portraits! Love the doggies, too. Hope your Christmas and holidays are full of fun, love and paint/pastels!

Carolina said...

Hi Susan,
Have a wonderful holidays!
Best regards,
Carolina

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Susan,

Wow you've been busy. Wonderful work.
I've been away in Florence with very limited computer access, so I'm delighted to be able to catch up on the great work you've been doing.

Happy Holidays to you, and thanks for a great year in art.

xoxoxoxoxoxoBarbara

Claude Richard said...

Beautiful portraits !

L.Holm said...

Wow, you're prolific! Love your people portraits, and am absolutely enamored of the chihauhaus and the jack russells. Fantastic work. And that precious baby makes my heart sing. You're great.