New still life and finished up Harry


Finally. I just took a whole evening to paint. Felt great. Took the photos for this still life last year. I did several paintings from that day last year, but this was one I hadn't thought I'd do. Loved it after all. 11"x14" oil on stretched canvas.
The one of Harry was a quick study I did last year from a photo session we did, just to see if the painting would work. I cleaned up the computer room/oft-time studio today and decided this painting deserved some attention. I still want to do a "real" painting of him in this pose as well as in some of the others with the "cat's cradle" string. 16" x 20" oil on stretched canvas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your use of light and color! The sun flowers against the blue are wonderful. Always a treat to see your latest works. Thanks!

Barbara Greenwood said...

I followed a link to your blog when I read your comment on mine, and I think your paintings are just fantastic. I don't have an artistic bone in my body and I really admire your ability

Anonymous said...

Your new page looks great!