Beginning of oil commission


This is the first block-in of the portrait of the beautiful children I'm doing. I spent a few hours on Saturday working on it. Nothing's accurate yet, but I feel good about the start. They're lying in grass with a background of plants, so they're in a sea of green. I'm going to enjoy this one.

My daughter and I drove up to Austin yesterday to deliver my paintings to the Austin Pastel Society's annual exhibition. We stayed and helped to hang the show. Lots of great paintings this year. Stopped an Guerro's on South Congress for dinner on the way home and had ok food and abysmal service, but I got some photos of some of the dishwashers on a dinner break which might become a painting down the line.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You certainly are staying busy! Looks like another wonderful portrait in the making. Great!