March 20- Online One-Day Still Life Workshop


(My painting from last year's online still life workshop.) I'm offering a one-day online still life painting workshop on March 20th, a Sunday about a month from now. The arrangement will be considerably less fussy than last year's reference. I'll spend some time discussing principles I consider when setting up a still life and we'll paint the whole painting together in the course of the day. Twice you'll have the opportunity to email me a photo of your progress so I might offer my assessment and suggestions, and therefore see the other painters' paintings, too. You can ask me questions along the way and have access to the video recordings of the workshop afterward to review. The cost is $50. Where else can you spend time painting with others, learn a lot, have so much fun, not have to carry all your equipment and supplies somewhere, and do it all in your jammies, if you like?!
I hope you'll join us! Susan
susan@susancarlin.com Cell phone: 210-602-8562 www.susancarlin.com http://susansartjournal.blogspot.com/ www.ustream.tv/channel/susancarlin

7 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Great painting. I'll see how busy things are on March 20. It seems to me that this March is going to be another crazy month.

Love your work.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Nice painting! I hope your online class goes well. That's really a great idea!

Autumn Leaves said...

Susan, Karla sent me your way. I'd love to participate but do I need a camera on the computer? I used to have one and got rid of it. Or is my end done just using email? You can email me at LeavesOfCrimson@att.net with more technical specifics if you'd like. I guess I'd like to know what I'll need supply wise too so I make sure I'll have it ready or I'll be wasting time when I should be watching the live stream!

dglenncasey said...

I'd like to participate in this workshop, but I'll have to wait until my paycheck comes in next week before registering. I'd also like to know what the time frame is for this workshop? Morning? Afternoon? Evening? All day?

- Dave_LasVegas

Susan Carlin said...

Sherry, I replied to your email, for others who'd like to know: No, you don't need a webcam yourself to participate in the workshop, but if you’d like to participate in the ‘assessments and suggestion’ sessions, you’ll need a digital camera to take a photo of your painting-in-progress to email to me during the workshop. We’ll do that twice. I hope you'll join us!

Susan Carlin said...

Dave, I can't see how to reply to you personally, so I hope you'll check back here... We'll be starting about 9:00 Sunday morning March 20th and winding up probably around 4:30, with a lunch break while I do some assessments and suggestions for each artist. I hope you do join us!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

love the painting and the online class is brilliant, Susan!