Langley mural painting finished and other news.


If you check in on my blog or watch my broadcasts, you know that I've been working on this 24" x 48" painting for weeks. Today I finally signed it and got it to the photographer. Ralph Langley's name will be added to the image along the bottom and it will be enlarged to 48" x 96" , framed and hung at the new elementary school that has been named after Mr. Langley. The dedication ceremony and unveiling will be on October 21st. The original painting (without the digitally added name) will be hung at Langley & Banack, the law firm that he founded. I was honored to have been commissioned to make this painting, showing many of the elements of his life and parts of San Antonio that were improved because of his work.
Tonight, during my regular Wednesday evening broadcast at 6 p.m. Central, I'm starting a new, small painting of a very new child- a girl, two weeks old. Perhaps you'll come by? www.ustream.tv/channel/susancarlin
I've decided to connect my blog posts to my newsletter again, so you'll be getting more frequent emails with my newest work, news of my workshops, and, well, news! I look forward to being in better touch.
Happily,
Susan

14 comments:

J. Crawford Art said...

This is awesome I feel like it's our child leaving home....U R the greatest :)

Lokelani Forrest said...

You've done a fantastic job. I'm sorry I was only able to watch you do a small portion. What an honor to get such a commission.

Jimmie Bartlett said...

An amazing painting. The composition is terrific! They couldn't have chosen a better person to do the painting.

Mary J DuVal said...

Oh my!! This is absolutely fabulous, Susan!!! What a treasure piece.

Dar Presto said...

It's fantastic! You did such thoughtful work.

Jo Castillo said...

This is wonderful and a great tribute. Congratulations on a beautiful finish and having it in a great place, uh, places. :)

Hugs.

M. S. said...

Susan, it's an amazing composition! I think anyone can tell that you've put your heart and soul into this painting and the client was lucky to have you. The execution is just fantastic, great job!
Mary

Rosemary said...

Susan, I am so in awe of your creative composition with this piece! What a complete story you told! The family must be thrilled.
Thanks for sharing the journey with us! And a huge CONGRATULATIONS!

Lois Andersen said...

This is just wonderful Susan! Thank you so much for sharing the process with us!!!

Regina Calton Burchett said...

This is very impressive, Susan - and a challenge that you met very well!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Very ambitious - very well executed. Think of all the people who will get to appreciate your work.

Barbara Muir said...

Great work Susan,

Good for you. You must be very proud.

xoxoxoxoxBarbara

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Yes, all of the above comments. This is wonderful. I was away and didn't get the see the finish.

Bonnie Mann said...

Susan, this is awsome. Your creative talents amaze me! The clients have to be super pleased.