Got the Key! The Studio/Gallery is mine!

Well, I picked up the key yesterday. Today I bought paint, arranged for an installer for the flooring, and picked up the insurance binder from State Farm. I've made lists. My lists have lists. I designed the sales receipts this morning and now have to find where to have them made numbered and printed and padded in triplicate. Yesterday I set up internet and a phone number! Write this down: 210-266-3992. They install phone and internet next Monday. Now I have to arrange credit card processing. Does anyone have an opinion on a company? Then I need a counter and a portrait model platform. I suppose I'll build them, since they have to be a certain size. Signs! What am I going to do about signs? Once designed, they have to be approved by the City's historical board, so I'd better get busy. I'd like some nice director's chairs so they can be folded up when not being used. I need to order 100 yards of burlap to conceal the hideously painted but practical pegboard on all the walls. And some sort of adhesive. Maybe not the spray kind... the space is small and my lungs have to last another 50 years. Will have to find good lighting for models. A small fridge and microwave. I'm going to use my iHome and iPod for music. Will bring potted plants for the outside. My brain is spinning! Jo? Did you mean it when you offered to come help paint? I'm only halfway kidding. Tomorrow I'm going down with cleaning supplies and will get everything cleaned and prepped. Whoosh... I know it will all come together eventually. It's just such a mystery right now as to how. I'll post progress notes along the way, for sure. I'm open to thoughts and ideas.... send them my way!

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Yippee. Good for you. Lots to do. I think some banks if you are a member do credit cards/machine without charge. I could be wrong, I haven't had one.

Indeed we can come paint. Day after tomorrow? Thursday? Gene is all excited. Hmmmm. :)

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Hi Susan --

I found your blog through -- I forget -- WAIT! Zenmomma's. I'm still reading old posts, but I wanted to say how much I like what I've seen of you're paintings so far, and how happy for you I am, reading about your gallery.

I do portraits as well. I posted a couple on my blog under the post, "Finishing the Hat ... Again"

Anonymous said...

Ugh. It's 5:30am here, but I can't let the "you're" go. I meant, of course, "your" paintings ...