Day One of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Maddy in April

I needed an intervention. Painting used to be an everyday joy, but my usual mechanisms to trigger picking up a brush and squeezing out the paint have ended. I need the same assignment-and-deadline as every other artist needs, so when I saw that Leslie Saeta was initiating a new round of 30 Paintings in 30 Days, I decided to join up and use it to get my painting juices going again.

It felt good to spend my evening painting this 8x10 oil of the lovely daughter of a dear friend. 29 more paintings coming up!

2 comments:

Cindy McDonough said...

So gorgeous! I wish I lived in Texas so I could take your workshop...

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous, and I'm happy you're doing this, I've
missed your work.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara
Happy New Year -- I hope all is well!