A Start and a Finish and more on the Workshop...


Work in progress: 20" x 24" oil, Notre Dame Future (my title, not the commissioning family's title...) This is a couple of hours into a painting of two cuties on Saint Josephs Lake in South Bend, Indiana. If you'd like to watch the second hour of this painting, it's HERE.

This is my finish of Kathy Holcomb's portrait. She's declared it beautiful and that's cool with me.

Sixteen artists have indicated their interest in my online still life painting workshop February 20th and I'm going to limit the group to 20, so do let me know if you're interested and I'll be sending out details and a PayPal invoice to that group in a couple of days. Email me at susan@susancarlin.com We're going to have a blast!

6 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

They came out great Susan!

Gwen Bell said...

Always love your portraits and this one is a beauty! Wish I could take your class. Lost all my supplies and had to replenish...I'll try for the next one!

Johanna Spinks said...

Warm feel to your portrait..congrats.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I really like the warm/cool balance in the boys on a lake piece. Beautiful!

Marian Fortunati said...

Let us know the next time you do an online class.

Susan Carlin said...

Thanks, Mark! Gwen- how distressing... how did this happen? Thank you, Johanna. Bill/Lisa, I like that very thing about this painting, too. It's great that someone else enjoys that with me! Marian, I certainly will! If this one goes well, I hope to offer a portrait workshop next. It'd be nice to have you aboard!