Start of 18 x 24 commission of two young people


After a frustrating start trying to get the broadcast going last night, I had good company as I waded further into this painting. I'd painted for about three and a half hours on it the night before, and spent most of my time on Max's face last night. Top to bottom, his face on the painting is about 4 inches tall.

I'll try to bring Briana's portrait up to that same mid-level of development next time.
Thanks, Everyone, for hanging out last night!

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Susan,

I find your method fascinating. Mid level! Wow. You are soooo good.

xoxoxoxBarbara

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

you've captured a very natural looking expression. Beautifully done.

Jerry Mc Garrigle said...

Looking great Susan....cant wait to the it completed.