Progress on couple


I worked three hours on this painting yesterday but I'm not sure what I did will be very detectible from your vantage point. I'm posting the progress anyway, since I'm moving forward. I'll be working on this painting much of today, as well, so maybe there'll be more to show tonight.

Tuesday and Wednesday I was in Seguin, TX giving a portrait workshop to a fun group of artists, mostly members of the Seguin Oakwood Art League who worked in oil, acrylic and watercolor. Another member of SOAL was the model all of Wednesday. I did take a video of the demo Wednesday morning, but haven't had time yet to look at it. If it has any merit, I'll post it after editing.

Sunday I get to participate in a "Paint Around" at the Austin Pastel Society as one of five artists who will all paint on each other's paintings. We'll start a painting for ten minutes on our own easel, then move to the easel to the right for ten minutes and so forth until the last ten minutes of the hour we'll complete our original painting that the others have each worked on. I'm eager to see how they all come out. There will be portraits, still life and landscapes among the five.

Next Tuesday I fly to Idaho and will have an adventure driving with my parents back to Texas over the next 3 days or so. I'm looking forward to the time with them.

3 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Glad you are getting some time with your parents! Drive carefully.
The portrait is looking very good!

Barbara Muir said...

The portrait looks great. That paint
around idea sounds both fascinating and scary. You have to be gracious even if you don't like what the others have done to your painting.

It's a great idea though -- you have to give yourself over to the experience. All good.

Barbara

Jo Castillo said...

Wish I could be at the meeting for the paint around! That should be fun.

This portrait is looking just beautiful. Great work there.

Have fun and a good trip with your folks. Hope to get together this time!

Hugs.