Last night I got Third Place in the Portrait show at Coppini with my Self Portrait. The best part was my YaYas were there! Mary, Karen and Hope came! I really appreciated their being there. Kip Dollar was there, bless his sweet heart. Morgan came with me, so that was special, too. And several of the students in my pastel class were there, one of whom took Second Place... Ron Watkins. For his large oil painting, "The Hunter." Of course I didn't give my friends any warning that I was taking their pictures, so they all look serious and thoughtful in these shots. Kip was standing next to me, so I missed him, darn it. Good refreshments and decent wine, friends and art surrounding you... great combination!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great going..your really moving towards the Art side of your life.

Sharon