Small portrait from sitting, Larger one from a photo.


Sharon Woody is a student of mine who graciously agreed to sit for a small, 8x10 oil one-hour portrait this morning before starting to work on her own portrait project. For a fast, interrupted-several-times portrait, I'm very pleased with it. I think it might've worked better as a vignette, vs. painted up to the top and down to the bottom.

Wonderful Sharon
The following are some progress images of a commissioned painting I began today. I hope to work all day on it tomorrow and have it finished at the end of the day. Several things need to change, but I'm pleased with the beginning. It's a 12"x16" oil on Yes! stretched canvas. Smooth, wonderful surface.




3 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

These two are outstanding, Susan! You have been very busy today! Thanks for showing the progression.

Diana Marshall said...

I love all the different colours you have used painting your students face and a portrait in just one hour with such feeling in it, amazing. The other one is beautiful too, you are so talented!

David said...

Great shapes and values. I am enjoying your 'other website,' too.