Pattie and Patty and Stella


Last night I saw Pattie Wall's regular Sunday post where she photographs her feet. It's called "Where I stand Sunday". I loved this week's photo of her feet in flipflops and her trusty dog by her side, waiting at a gate, so I asked if I might use it as a reference for a painting. She gave her permission, so I started off my day painting Pattie's feet. I like it. I wonder about so much blue shadow, but I like it.

Then I decided to paint my sister Patty and her daughter, Stella. I took this photo on their back porch Saturday night after dinner. I imagine Patty will get this one. It was fun to do.

8 comments:

theresamillerwatercolors said...

I love the feet/dog combination and the beautiful shadows! Your sister must be so happy with your painting of hers and her daughter's: a sweet, candid moment. Have a great day!

Susan Raine said...

I love Patty's expression and her earrings. Nice job.

Pattie Wall said...

I love the blue! And the painting is just so us! I wish I could get you a tail shot, cause his tail is different than that. I will search what I have here with me and maybe send it to you.

Diana Marshall said...

What a brilliant painting of feet and dog. What a wacky idea of Pattie to photograph her feet but it makes a super composition.
Your painting of sister and daughter look very natural with wonderful expressions.

Dianne Mize said...

No that's clever. And a fine job you did. Nice blue shadow--don't touch it.

David Lobenberg said...

Nice one! Check out Jennifer Balkan. Google her or go to my blog and look under Fav. Links and click. You're going to dig her.

Susan Carlin said...

Thank you Theresa, Susan, Pattie, Diana, Dianne and David! My sister said she likes it, and Pattie wants to own it....so I'm a happy painter! David, I haven't met Jennifer, but I do love her work. That's neat that you thought of her work when you saw mine. I'm flattered.

Susan Carlin said...

Ar ar ar... nrh, you're a riot. You know, Cat Stevens has a song (it was in Harold and Maude- which certainly dates me) that goes, "If you want to be me, be me..." So, help yourself. But if you do, you're going to get the mile-long to-do list and the two dogs, two cats, two birds, daughter, partner, untended garden and yard and my lamented jowls. Just saying.