"Jazz Man"


Click here to bid
"Jazz Man"
Oil on gessoed panel (Gessobord), 6" x 6".
Varnished and signed. Signed with gold paint pen.
This fellow plays at Jim Cullum's Landing on the Riverwalk in San Antonio and I took some reference photos of him on a stroll recently. I was playing around with my new Flip video camera soon after that and decided to record the process of painting this one. The video is on here on my blog on the May 6 posts, if you'd like to watch it.
This is my first painting on eBay in two and a half years! It's scheduled to go on this evening at 9 p.m. Pacific Time.
Click here to view listing

3 comments:

Dianne Mize said...

Susan, I watched the video right after you posted it and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. What a fine little painting this is! I can hear the sax. You're a master at capturing the essence of people.

And thanks for your praises on my blog this morning. I think I will go measure my head.

Bonnie Mann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mfn8 said...

awesome painting ! i knew this guy when i used to work there years ago ...his name is yan...havent spoken to him in years...hes probably one of them most down to earth and realest people i knew...!