All caught up on word count

Stayed up way too late last night and got my word count up to 33581. That's 241 words over. Trouble is, it's like doing the dishes. You get them all done and there are more to do in a few minutes. Now it's just 1667 per day, though. I'll try to work ahead to diminish the likelihood of sheer panic when life derails me, which it has a tendency to do. Just nine more days!
I'm liking my characters better now, thank goodness.

Woke up this morning with a neck that wouldn't bend without sending lightning bolts into my brain. Days like this, I know I'll be worse off than any of my patients, but it does have the effect of keeping me empathetic toward those in pain. That's a good thing, right? Right. Ouch.

Going to try to put the finishing touches on the little landscapes and get them listed, and maybe list the other one of the model, too. The painting of the Girl resting on her Schoolbooks went for way too little last night. That'll teach me to start auctions off on a starting bid that would hurt my feelings to sell the painting for. Sigh. But someone out there is going to love that painting and I've had my turn at loving it for two years now, so it's time for it to leave the nest now. Live and learn.

No comments: