Two finishes... Providence RI's Roger Williams Park



These are two plein air pastels I did while visiting my friend Joan in Providence RI this summer. I rarely paint outdoors. I do try to be a good sport when folks are getting a "Paint Out" together, mainly because I love the company while I paint. But I did these sitting in the grass, warding off geese, bugs and the sun. Joan was good company, though. These have been sitting under waxed paper in my studio since then. I'm doing a big declutter excavation (Flylady of Flylady.com calls it a Super Fling Boogie) of all the surfaces of my home. My house looks Mahvelous and half-finished projects are either getting tossed or finished. I decided to finish these, for better or worse.
I went with Becky (www.BeckyHicksArt.com) to the New Braunfels Art League Gallery last night for the artists reception for all the artists-of-the-month for that organization. Becky was December's and also got First Place for Pastel in the annual members exhibition. I got to catch up with a few artist friends there and spend time with Becky there and at her home studio. We should all have studios like Becky's! Overlooks the Guadalupe river through a huge window in the brightest, happiest studio ever.
Sure would appreciate a comment when you drop by. Feel like I'm talking to myself.
Enjoy your day, ya'll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie pie you are! I'm right there with you on the do it or toss it phase of my life. This is sort of an annual thing with me...make a decision and purge. I feel so much better and have much more creative energy when I declutter and reclaim my visual space. Hey, when am I going to see the men eating caldo painting?
love ya, Becky