Adorable Girl finished


This painting will always be associated with meeting two great people, Graham and Leisa, who wandered into the gallery just before a heavy rain set in yesterday afternoon. They sat and kept me the most delightful company as I worked. Thank you!!
I've sent photos of the the finished painting to the little girl's parents and they wrote back that they're 'over the moon' happy with it. They're moving back to Australia soon, so had contacted me to see if I could paint her portrait in time to take it with them. I really pulled a marathon with this painting and like how it turned out very much. But then, how could you miss with such a cute little face as Isabella's?

7 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Susan,

Gorgeous light, lovely skin, just super!

xoxoxoBarbara

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Truly adorable! Looks so very fresh. I love how you brought in the pinks, at first in the steps you showed it seemed too pink but you brought it all together and it is fantastic! You really captured her delightfulness.

Ann Reyes said...

So good, Susan! I bet you captured her personality perfectly.

Jo Castillo said...

Sigh.......... Love the complements in this one.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

I love seeing the stages of your painting, Susan - it's so interesting to see how you progress. Wonderful portrait!

L.Holm said...

So fantastic, Susan. I second Jo's comment. It glows with light and happiness. Brava!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

This is an adorable girl. I like the loose green background vs her cute little red flushed face.