Another demo portrait finish- Marilyn


After working on the mural online last night, I had the urge to keep painting so I worked on this one of Marilyn. Boy, my drawing was off! This feels better.
I know I mention it frequently, but I feel so lucky to have the company of the artists who show up during my broadcasts. It's such a mutually supportive, congenial group. Then you add Marilyn Harman and Mark Bridges and we laugh the whole time. Thank you all!
You can watch the recording here. (I forgot to put my mic back on at first, so hang in there, the sound gets better once I'm reminded to put it back on.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,

I know you already got one of these, but I would also like to award you with the Kreative Blogger Award, since you are one of my favorite artists. Please come to my blog to pick it up :) (http://midnightart.blogspot.com)

Katy.

Ann Reyes said...

This is wonderful, Susan! You're amazing!

belindadelpesco.com said...

This is so soft and so lovingly rendered. There's a gentleness in the face that you've captured with every brushstroke. Bravo.

pmst105 said...

Susan, Your paintings of both Marilyn and Ron are just beautiful.
You're so talented. Pam

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

very nice what an interesting face she has

Gwen Bell said...

Really like the color palette in this one Susan. Hate that I have missed seeing you work on both of these. The teal shadow is such a wonderful contrast and I'm so drawn to that swipe of darker gray in her hair and the orange highlight on her neck. Wonderful as usual!

Jo Castillo said...

Very nice finish. Hope to get by to watch you paint soon.

Bonnie Mann said...

I like this! You have really captured Marilyn's kind spirit.

Anonymous said...

This is a really nice one Susan. I am really getting the gentle nature of this woman from your sensitive portrait.