Finish, I think

Went into the gallery today on my day off to work on this painting. I like it a lot now. Had to move her left eye (viewer's right) in just a bit and take some shine off her forehead and knock down some brush strokes that were reflecting so much light in the background. I softened her lip line just a smidge and did a variety of other additions/revisions until I was satisfied. This photo still isn't the best, but you can get the gist.
Tonight is the last night of NIOSA, so they should be beginning the dismantling process tomorrow. It took a week to construct, so I imagine they'll be at it for days.

6 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

beautiful portrait and the photo you painted from wasn't the best. I love too, the way you have painted the dogs' fur with so many interesting colors making up its coat. I'm sure your client will love it.

Ann Reyes said...

Nice portrait!! You did a great job! I love the dog especially. He looks so soft and fluffy. I also plan to watch your painting video tomorrow. I'm too sleepy tonight--just wanted to check your blog.

Susan Carlin said...

Good morning Diana and Ann- It looks like I have one revision to do per the client's request, which I think can be done fairly easily this morning. Thank you for saying such nice things. I'll try to take better photos, perhaps closeups, today. Have a fun Saturday!

Jo Castillo said...

This is a great finish. Hard to glean the necessary info from photos, you did well.

Anonymous said...

As the daughter of the Lady in red with Suzy Q the Maltese as well as being one of the "Sisters" in the painting before that I just want to say that Susan's talent is simply awesome. Aren't we all lucky that she's willing to share her gift with us! I'll watch with great interest the other postings and look forward to having another "Susan Carlin" heirloom painted in the future! Patti

Susan Carlin said...

Patti Harper, who commissioned these two paintings, sent this email yesterday- May 8th: "Just returned home to find the pkg. Portraits are even more beautiful in person! Simply PERFECT. Thank you!" I'd been waiting to exhale and now am breathing freely again.