First day of Artisans Fair


This is the second year I've participated in Artisans Fair. This year I'm there for both days. I'm making a rough guess, but over the two days I get to talk with about 700 third graders, 30 at a time. For eighteen minutes with each group I paint and talk and answer questions. The questions were great. I loved all those wonderful, young faces asking them, too.
Last year I set up a still life consisting of a teddy bear, a basketball and a toy car and painted that. This year I'm painting dogs. One per day. Today was Jack, my brother's dog, . You'd think Jack was my mom's dog, though. He spends a lot of time on her lap. So when this is done, I'll send it to her. The photos above are of what it looked like at 30 minutes, and then at 3 hours. I think I painted less than an hour of those three hours, though. Mostly I talked and answered questions. The most interesting question: Was there ever a painting you regretted painting? Wow. I'll have to think about that one. Mostly the kids wanted to know how long it takes to paint a painting and what painting was my favorite and when did I start painting.
Tomorrow I 'm going to paint a different dog; I think it's a Jack Russell. I'll work on both of them more afterward and post the finishes here soon. Thanks, Third Graders of SCUCID!

1 comment:

Karen Jensen said...

Wow. What a great question! I can't wait to hear/read the answer!