Winding down

(Please don't copy or use my images, ok? Thanks!)

We visited this small coastal village called Cushendall yesterday afternoon. I had a glass of Guiness with some of the other artists at a little pub there.

Cushendall boats.

After the great sea bass dinner at the Central Bar Restaurant in Ballycastle. The other smiling faces are Jane Scobey and Annie Compton.

Traditional Irish music at O'Connor's Pub in Ballycastle. I got a couple of little movies of this. I'll try to post them later.

This is Duncan, our model Wednesday and Thursday mornings. I learned a LOT painting this- first a grisaille painting underneath, then oiling the next day and applying color. It felt similar to applying pastels, in a way- scumbling color in.

This was on a twilight walk I took Wednesday evening near Limepark.

Cute, no?
Limepark on the way "home." No sidewalks, and often no shoulder on the roads, means that one hops into a hedge when cars pass by. Very exciting!

It's time for lunch and we're being served Irish lamb stew and always there's been a wonderful dessert. I'll check in again perhaps once more when I'm in Dublin. I take a bus down tomorrow and spend Saturday and Sunday night there, then fly home Monday morning. I know FOR SURE I'll come back to Ireland. It's been magical and beautiful and good for my soul.

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Susan,

Wow this looks like so much fun. Great work too.

This sounds like the most fabulous trip.

xoxoxoBarbara

Shelley Bittick said...

Great pictures, and love the painting!!! Can't wait to hear more when you get home.

Jo Castillo said...

Great photos, paintings and stories. Sounds wonderful. Take care, hope to see more soon.