Tattoo In Support


This was a fun start during the Wednesday evening broadcast. Was it my imagination or was the conversation among the best we've had?
The subject of this painting is a woman who visited my gallery on Monday and allowed me to take photos after we'd talked about her tattoo (unpainted at this point). She had it done in memory of her mother who died of cancer and in support of her brother who is dealing with cancer now.
I'll resume work on this painting after I finish my commissions when I return.
I leave in the morning and will try to post every day, depending on finding internet connections!
-Susan

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Susan,

What a beautiful and poignant portrait. I think this is the high point of painting, when the work has deep meaning for the client. Portrait painters are privileged to be able to create such artwork.

Good for you. Have a wonderful trip!

xoxoxoxBarbara

Jo Castillo said...

Susan, outstanding start. Hope your trip is fantabulous.

Hugs....

Gwen Bell said...

I really enjoyed the broadcast. The portrait is beautiful!