Whew! What a Week!

Well, this has been a wild week. I won First Place Pastels at the Coppini Academy at the awards ceremony on Wednesday, with "Morning Flight." Nice check came with that. Then this weekend was the River Art Show and I had a booth doing monochromatic (brown/sepia tones) oil portraits. I was busy the whole weekend and met some great folks while I painted them or someone in their family. I also won First Place Pastels (or rather "Other, Works on Paper") there, too, with "Christina's Joy." Nice check came with that, too. I'm grateful.

Karen was incredible for helping me load and set up, take payments, write receipts, pack up and load it all back into her soccer mom van again and then unload it at my house. I swear I saw wings popping out the top of her shirt by the time we were done.
Kim Roberti (http://kimroberti.com/) and her beloved, Bob Posey, were my houseguests this weekend as she had a booth at the River Art Fair, too. She did super well, too, selling several paintings. Bob and Karen shared the camaraderie of being the appreciated "roadies." Angels both. Kim has two still life paintings on eBay right now. Aren't they beautiful?: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjaycee490

This week is about getting my taxes done by the extension date of next weekend. Sigh.
NaNoWriMo starts again November 1st and I'd like to participate.
http://www.nanowrimo.org/
Check into it and join me in writing 50,000 words in the month of November. I had a blast last year and am looking forward to going that special sort of crazy again this year.

2 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

Those weren't wings -- they were beads of sweat.

Jo Castillo said...

Congratulations again. Superwoman you are. :)

Thanks for turning on the "feed". It is working nicely. Now I won't miss anything.

Jo