Still Life Fun and Online Painting Workshop


Daisies Reign, oil, 11" x 14" $400. unframed, $450 framed

Last night I painted this during my online broadcast... and after. I enjoyed chatting with the other artists, then said goodnight and couldn't seem to stop painting. At midnight I declared it finished. This morning I see a couple of things I'll tweak later today, but I'm really pleased with this one.
Saturday, February 20th, I'm offering my first online painting workshop. We'll paint a still life. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope you'll join us!
When you register, I'll email you the supply list and the reference image we'll be using. With the password I'll send, you'll follow along on as I paint that day and will have two opportunities to send an image of your work-in-progress for my assessment and suggestions. You'll be able to chat with me and ask questions along the way. You will have access to the recorded sessions for a month following the workshop. You won't have to drag all your painting supplies to another town or find a hotel!
The cost for the day is $50.
Feel free to email me with your questions- susan@susancarlin.com
Hope you're staying warm!

15 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

This is such a great composition! Love all the different whites and blues. Gorgeous!

Hoping I'll have my computer issues solved in time to join the workshop.

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

This is a great painting. Masterfully painted whites. BRAVA!
I like your online workshop idea. I am sure it will be very successful. All the best!

Ann Rogers said...

Beautiful, beautiful! Great execution of the whites and shadows...and wow, look at that blue Ball jar! The workshop sounds like fun and a great idea!

Susan Carlin said...

Thank you Josh! I've been looking at it again this morning and am going to play with a couple of minor things in the painting, but I have to say I like it, too. I just love the control you have in a still life. Does that make me a control freak? Don't answer that.

Susan Carlin said...

Oh, I hope you can join us, too, Gwen! I think we'll have a blast.

Susan Carlin said...

Thanks, Gaye, for the compliments on the whites. I've always liked paintings with subtle differences in mostly white objects... had to try it.

Susan Carlin said...

Thanks, Ann! I appreciate your compliment on that Ball jar. It made me get out a tiny brush for the lettering, that's for sure.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

LOVE the way you did the daisies!

Jo Castillo said...

This is excellent. Nice work.

Judy-in-nl said...

Susan, I love this! You did a beautiful job! Daisies are my favourite flowers.

Diana Marshall said...

Brilliant still life, I am so sick that I can't take part in your workshop, do hope you do another one soon!

L.Holm said...

Truly exceptional, Susan. I'm in awe you painted this en an evening. it's gorgeous.

Pattie Wall said...

Wow - very nice - I can see why you didn't want to stop, it looked fun! I am thinking about the 20th. There's an auction in the area that day that I am supposed to support. Will know more by mid week, I think. I would love to join in, can I do so at the last minute?

Bonnie Mann said...

Nicely done, Susan. I, too, am in awe that you painted this in one evening. I hope to see it in the gallery.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Susan - This is just wonderful! Beautiful colors, lights and darks - all so well done!