I only had a little bit of time at the end of the day to work on this, so I tried implementing some of the suggestions I got by asking for advice. Thank you to all those who took the time to offer your good eyes and thoughts. I got lots of suggestions, much of it conflicting. I figure it's just paint and I can try different things until something looks right. I greyed the blanket down a bit by glazing over what was there with its compliment. I first put the fuchsia in the middle stripe and it overpowered the painting. Then I took it way back to a cool greenish ochre. Still looks a bit pinkish, I think. I can see that my stripes don't really match up from side to side and I've lost some of the wave of the fabric. I'll work on it again Thursday.