Day Seven- 30 Paintings in 30 Days- Boy As Donkey

Boy As Donkey
12x16 oil on stretched canvas
I enjoyed painting this little fellow so much.  It came about due to the generosity of a lovely woman in England. She has a vlog on YouTube called I Sew A Lot.  And she does!  Her latest post was over-the-top adorable and she ended it with a couple of still shots of her son wearing the donkey costume she'd made for his part in a nativity play. I fell deeply in love with the image and did something I never do... I commented on a video on YouTube.  To BEG.  I pleaded as nicely as I could for her permission to use her image as a reference for a painting. And today, I saw that she'd answered me!
She granted her permission and wanted to see it when I was done. So now I need to figure out how to get it to her. Maybe a link here?  Anyway, how nice!  Thank you for your generosity. Painting this made me happy.
And I had the company of some very kind artists while I painted.  Thank you!!!
The recordings are here: www.ustream.tv/channel/susancarlin

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Adorable Susan.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara