Pastel portrait broadcast at 5 p.m. tonight


All the Christmas commissions have arrived at their destinations and I'm taking a bit of time to work on something for myself. Above is an about-midway-through progress image of what's on the easel now. I'm calling it Corner Chair as a working title, but a friend has suggested Not Schmid in case anyone were to confuse the model for the famous and amazing artist Richard Schmid, who also wears a Greek fisherman's cap. It has many days of painting to go, but perhaps you can get the idea of it from this shot. If it turns out well enough, I hope to enter it into a competition. I've been doing most of the work online, so there are hours and hours of recordings of it getting to this point at www.ustream.tv/channel/susancarlin .

Tonight at 5 p.m. Texas/Central time, I'm breaking from working on Corner Chair to begin a commissioned pastel portrait of a beautiful little girl. Perhaps you'd like to drop in at the above link and watch or log in and chat? It's not polite to brag, but the nicest people come hang out with me. It's a party every time I paint! Hope you'll join me.
Susan

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

The colors are rich. Nice gesture and feel to it.

Barbara Pask said...

Loving this Susan. The title "Not Schmid" is so great. It looks a bit like him but it tells a story, most of us wish we could paint like Schmid. I think he just sat down and is thinking, "I'm no Schmid", lol